2012년 11월 22일 목요일

10 Flash Fiction (Junior Writing)

1. Playing LOL in the dorm room. Feeling somebody’s presence behind the seat. Turning back and seeing the smiling face of Kim Dae-Gi.

2. The printer says: “not enough ink”......"Oh no! I've spent all night and even skipped morning exercise for Ms. Choi's homework!!!!!"

3. Sandra was chit-chatting loudly in Korean with her friends on the way back to dormitory from Dasan Building. Suddenly, she saw one boy smiling and texting something in his phone. A day later, Sandra found her name posted on the court list.

4. I decided to take a 10 minute short nap in the bed before having lunch, but woke up after 25 minutes. I ran to the cafeteria to get some pork slices, but they ran out just before me.

5. “OMG I never closed my eyes!” said Peter when the ball rang after the class ended

6. Left my dorm room at 8:01 but soon found out that I left my AP Calculus BC take-home assignment at the room

7. Me and my roommate brought some chickens to dorm room and was eating them delightfully. Soon we heard Kim Dae-Gi’s voice resounding in the corridor and recalled that we have not closed our door.

8. My final grade on AP US History: 89.43

9. Seeing Danny, my best friend, sleeping in the cafeteria, I slapped his head to wake him up. But he was not Danny; he was a senior student.

10. “Wake me up at 7:45”. “Wake me up at 7: 50”. “Wake me up at 7:53”…”Wake me after 3 minutes”…… Then the roommate shouts “Hey! It is already 7:57! I’m going out!”

댓글 1개:

  1. Flash fiction is "loosely" defined as a very very short story or even called "micro fiction." I think you version is closer to micro fiction because your stories are a bit longer and don't call upon the reader to do much guessing. In that sense, I think you could delete at least one sentence or detail from each to create subtext. Some could be longer - as in number 8. We have the crisis - but what about the implied afermath?

    How about:

    Peter's final grade on AP Physics: 89.43. The report card fluttered towards the ground at a slower velocity.

    답글삭제