2011년 11월 14일 월요일

1st reading journal on 'The Body'

     “So anyway, you want to go see it?”
      “We can find the body and report it! We’ll be on the news!”

     The excitement surrounds the boys. They gather together, and decide to begin a journey to search a dead body. This is what the beginning of the story ‘The Body’ is about, with some basic information about main characters, which are boys in this story. In fact, Teddie, Gordie and Chris all have different characteristics that individualize each of them. Teddie is depicted as somewhat weak and intellectually deficient in the story. During his childhood, he gets hit by his father several times, which eventually leads him to become deaf. Gordie is born in a ‘fucked-up family’, from very old parents who experience several miscarried pregnancies. He had a brother, but his brother eventually dies. Chris, a boy who had previously been suspended from school, also gets hit by his dad; he came from a bad family. All these three boys gather together and head for a site where Ray Browser was hit by a train.

     Reading this ‘intro’ part stimulated my innocence of childhood and evoked my memory. When I was in elementary school, I hanged out with my close friends almost everyday after school. We just laughed, forgot about returning to home, and searched for a place where we could play and have lots of fun. At first, I thought ‘Apt Pupil’ is more of a fun, but I believe this adventure story is also interesting enough. Adventures are always fun, and it will be great to follow how the story continues.


댓글 1개:

  1. A bit short, but you write some interesting things. Try to avoid the f-words, even if they appear in the book. I think I already mentioned that in your metafiction.

    답글삭제